August 20, 2014 at 17:49 #3271
You will build the skills in this order:
- Position (of the head for easiest, smoothest breathing)
- Timing (of the Turn and Breath)
- Air Management (when and how to exhale and inhale)
Drill: Superman Glide To Skate Position
- Nod (to the side)
- Split The Face
- Hooked Fish
- Turn Early (turn head with beginning of catch)
- Small Bubbles Through Nose
- Clear The Hatches (at the last micro-second)
- Quick Sip Of Air
- Head Down Quickly (eyes should not see the recovery arm swinging forward)
- Pick one wall you will turn towards (same wall, when swimming in either direction)
- Check Weightless Head and Laser Lead Spine before attempting to rotate. Head must be at surface already before rotation.
- Head will turn with shoulder, as if pulled with a string. It will return immediately to eyes-down position.
- Finish in Perfect Skate Position. Stop, go back into Superman Glide to start again.
- Do not take breathes on the first several repetitions. Stop to breathe. Make good head position a higher priority than getting a breath during these drills.
Drill: 1-Arm Stroking
- Use same Focal Points above, and
- Turn With Catch
- Torpedo Head (no bobbing up/down, nor pull to side)
- Use same instructions above and
- Keep one hand ‘in the pocket’, arm tucked in close to the body. Do not let elbow pull back to the side of the body.
- Turn toward the stroking arm, at the moment of the catch.
- Keep head steady. Prevent it from bobbing up and down in the water, on each stroke.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
~ Mediterra Admin
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.