Preparing For A Training Event
Items You Should Bring…
- 2 close-fitting swim suits
- 2 pairs of goggles
- anti-fog for goggles (baby shampoo works great!)
- swim cap
- shower sandals
- shower toiletries
- dry clothes to wear during break time
- notebook or preferred note-taking device
- flash-drive (to collect your video file)
Optional Items To Bring…
- Thermal swim shirt
- Shower or deck robe
- Camera (for capturing notes on the board)
- Snacks to share with your instructor and pool mates!
The water temperature and air temperature at any facility may vary. We do our best to select facilities which maintain adequate and consistent conditions.
And, people vary a lot in their personal sense of comfort under the variety of conditions.
Please anticipate what you may need to bring to keep your self adequately warm (or cool) in the particular environment.
We will provide some break time during the sessions (if longer than 60 minutes). You are welcome to give yourself a break or advocate for your needs during the session. We will do our best to help you.
Please contact us to inquire about the known conditions of the facility.
Some of our seasonal training events may be held outdoors. In this case, protection from the sun is one of the higher safety concerns.
Please take extra caution to protect yourself – the effects of over-exposure to the sun can be hidden while training in the pool or being around water.
- Apply a ‘particle’ block type sun screen (such as the zinc and titanium-oxide kind put on babies) to your skin
- Wear a rash-guard or sunblock swim shirt
- Wear a ‘shorty’ wetsuit or tri speed suit
- Wear UVA UVB full block goggles
- Wear a sun hat while on deck
- Hydrate well HOURS BEFORE coming to the training event
At break times check your skin for burnt areas, especially around the suit edges.