Would you like to make running safer for your body and training more enjoyable for your mind?
Join our 12-week training program to improve your running fitness.
Learn better technique to reduce injury and strain.
Enjoy training more than ever.
This course is intended for those who…
- have not run 5K distance before.
- have run 5K before, but did not feel good.
- have run 5K before but would like to run it faster.
- have running-related injury, aches or pains.
- feel the need for improving running form.
- feel inefficient in movement.
- feel out of shape.
- need accountability to exercise.
- know little about proper running and training.
If there is any doubt, it would be appropriate to be cleared by your doctor (and perhaps a sports physio-therapist for those who have been injured) to participate in a run training program.
If you have any questions or doubts about whether you are ready for this program please contact us to discuss your situation.
In this program we will work with runners on two levels (and you may have needs in both levels):
You would like to run continuously a 5K (3.1 miles) for the first time, and do it injury-free.
For this we have two development tracks:
- 1a – develop the ability to use run/walk intervals for the entire distance
- 1b – develop the ability to run continuously for 5K miles
You would like to run a 5K feeling better and performing better than you have before.
Fall 2018 Schedule
Fall 2018 Schedule
We have set up a 12-week training schedule to prepare for a local race this winter:
- Dates to be announced in August…
Weekly Group Training
Weekly Coach-Guided Training Sessions are held at Courthouse Fitness West Salem:
- Days and times to be announced in August…
You may sign up to regularly attend one of those sessions.
Members of Courthouse Fitness – $150
Non-Members – $225
Participants in this program will receive a 20% discount in the Spirit Of Oregon Half-Marathon. ($70 for early registration – 20% discount). Participation in the race is optional. You will make your registration and payment for the Spirit Of Oregon Half-Marathon separately from this program registration and payment. We will give a special discount code to each participant in our training program.
300 Glen Creek Road NW
Salem, Oregon 97304
Phone: (503) 581-3171
Included in this program:
- 12-week 5K training plan – either Level 1a, Level 1b, or Level 2 (plans will be emailed to you each month)
- Weekly coach-guided training session (most weeks)
- Specific, personal technique and injury-reduction/prevention guidance from your coach
- Email access to your coach for guidance on your personal practice times
Images on this page licensed from 123rf.com or used by permission from Unsplash.com