Freestyle Weekend Workshop
Upon request in Beaverton and in Salem Oregon USA
An introduction to the fundamental skills of the freestyle stroke in 4 sequential lessons over the weekend.
Acquire the fundamental skills for the freestyle stroke in 4 lessons over a 2-day weekend. Whether new or experienced, you are sure to fill gaps in your fundamental skills to help you swim easier, farther and faster.
You coach provides in-water demonstrations, hands-on guidance, feedback and encouragement to super-charge your small group learning and skill development. Up to 4 students per group.
Pricing is based on the number of people in your group.
- 1 person – $432 ($72 per lesson hour, per person)
- 2 people – $648 ($54 per lh, pp)
- 3 people – $864 ($48 per lh, pp)
- 4 people – $1080 ($45 per lh, pp)
Workshop includes 4 pool sessions at 90 minutes per session, for 6 lesson hours. There is additional discussion time outside of the pool sessions.
*The group should be composed of people of similar starting skill level. If in doubt, let’s discuss it.
Family prices (for 3 or more members) are available also. Please inquire for more details.
Dates and Times
Weekend workshops are now scheduled upon request. Please inquire about available weekends and locations.
Workshop lessons may be arranged like this:
- One session on Friday evening, two on Saturday, and one on Sunday morning, or
- Two sessions on Saturday, two sessions on Sunday
In the Freestyle Technique Lesson Series, there are four lessons:
- Lesson 1 and 2 – Learn balance, core stabilization, streamline shape, recovery arm and streamline breathing.
- Lesson 3 and 4 – Learn the underwater catch/hold, torso power, ideal stroke timing, and rhythmic breathing.
Our principle-based Total Immersion learning method will guide your body into the safest, strongest, longest lasting movement patterns for swimming. These activities will strengthen attention in the mind, and improve control over the body. You will acquire an improved relationship with your body and with the water. We will start with drills then emphasize whole-stroke practice with focal points to help you imprint new skills.
For each skill we will move through three steps during the training:
- Introduction to the the skills, the relevant focal points, and the drills we may use.
- In-water demonstration, hands-on correction and feedback from the instructor.
- Guided practice for you to integrate the new skills
You may read more about how we organize the progression of skills and training on our Levels Of Proficiency page.
Please contact us with any questions you may have.
You may want to view Your Training Progression to get an idea of how to get the most out of your training with Mediterra.
You may view the Levels Of Proficiency to see which skills you may want to work on first.
You may want to read more…
This event is suitable for those who…
- Are learning freestyle stroke for the first time
- Can swim freestyle but would like to make it much better
We are pleased to gently work with those who may feel strong fear or anxiety in the water. We recommend that you start first with a private lesson or with our Pool Comfort course to experience our method for removing that stress from your water experience.
Four pool sessions
Approximately three class discussions (out of the pool)
Video analysis session
Pool sessions are 90-minute in water (with breaks as needed)
In pool, hands-on guidance from coach
Homework provided for your practice between sessions
2-month access to one of our suitable online training courses
Silicon swim cap
Access to club changing room and pool (for non-members)