I finished giving lessons at 13:45 and I was hungry and hot but I wanted to get in a little conditioning for the day. Particularly, I want to dial in this “Wide Track’ recovery arm and higher elbow catch- and to first mold it into my SL, then later I will work on bringing it along into faster and faster SR.
12x 96m (3 lengths of the 32m pool) and hold 18 SPL on each
- #1-4, held 18 SPL, came in on 1:39
- #5-8, held 18 SPL, came in on 1:35
- #9-12, held 18 SPL, came in on 1:33
- I used a wider swing on the recovery arm, a wider track
- I rotated the shoulder to use a higher elbow catch
- I had a hard time keeping my chin tucked- the shallow pool and tiles racing past below makes me want to lift my head to look a bit forward
- I was not consistently exhaling underwater during the 3-stroke cycle
- I needed a more consistently high elbow catch- not quite natural yet
I am still fighting the sinus infection/head cold thing. Not as strong as normal and I wasn’t feeling to ambitious today, but it did not prevent me from making this a quality focused set.
© 2010, Mediterra International, LLC. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mediterra International, LLC and Mediterraswim.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.